The Reproductive Health Training Center of the Republic of Moldova (RHTC) is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization, founded in 1998, with the mission to protect and promote reproductive and sexual health and rights of people. We strongly believe that each person, no matter where he lives, no matter of the sex, age, ethnicity, presence of any physical or any other impairment, etc., has the same sexual and reproductive rights and should enjoy the complete state of sexual and reproductive health and access to quality services.
The main goals of RHTC are:
- Ensure equal access to quality reproductive health and rights information and services, especially for adolescents, women and girls, people with disability, and from other social marginalized groups;
- Provide education on sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Promote the concept of safe abortion among medical professionals and community members in Moldova
- Promote sexual and reproductive rights, as an incontestable basic human right;
- Implement WHO recommendations on modern methods of contraception and safe abortion;
- Promote a sexual health life style.
RHTC is an organization with professional staff, which includes mainly medical doctors with extensive expertise in obstetrics and gynecology, in evidence-based medicine, safe abortion, perinatal technologies, cancer prevention and family planning.
The main directions of activities of the RHTC are:
- Capacity building of service providers and community members in reproductive health issues.
- Development, scientific justification and implementation of community members’ and doctors’ training programs in reproductive health;
- Implementation of cost-efficient technologies, recommended by WHO, concerning pregnancy interruption, the concept of “patient-centered system” in the reproductive health services providing system.
22 projects, 9 clinical studies, and 4 situation analysis were implemented by RHTC in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, World Health Organization, UNFPA, SMPU “N. Testemitanu”, School of Public Health Management, national and international NGOs.
Since 1st January 2015, RHTC has been nominated as the Regional Training Center for Eastern and South Europe and Central Asia on Development and Implementation of Clinical Guidelines and Protocols on Reproductive Health.
Donors: our projects have been supported by the WHO, UNFPA, Safe Abortion Action Fund, Embassy of Finland in Bucharest, Gynuity Health Projects, UICC, IPAS, ASTRA, Soros Foundation Moldova, OSI New York Network Public Health Program, PATH Health.
RHTC is a member of the ESC, FIAPAC, ASTRA network, International Union Against Cancer (UICC), International Campaign for Women’s Right to Safe Abortion, Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID), etc.
|Laura Tarlapan Roman